Through its work in various committees, St. Paul’s Lutheran Church provides a means for its membership to be involved in the life and ministry of the congregation. Believing that through our baptism, we are all ministers of the church, the lay members are encouraged to use the gifts that God has blessed them with to serve the church and the community.
The standing committees of St Paul’s Lutheran Church are as follows:
- Christian Education– the goal is to inspire children and adults to strengthen their relationship with God through the teaching of God’s word and love.
- Cemetary – comprises members from St. Paul’s UCC and St Paul’s Lutheran churches, as the cemetary is co-owned by both. Bob Nickisher is President of the Cemetary Board.
- Council– the role of council is to Guide the church-wide operations.
- Endowment – the fund was created to enhance the mission outreach of the church apart from the general operating budget, and to use its bequests to perpetuate giving for years to come.
- Fellowship – is responsible for the planning of fun events for our church family and community – providing a means by which we get to know one another better, and therefore, can care for one another.
- Finance/budget– is responsibile for managing our financial resources.
- Property – is responsible for the care of our facility.
- Social Ministry– the goal is to provide a means of caring for our members, our community and the world.
- Stewardship– is responsible for teaching and leading us to respond to God’s love through the sharing of our gifts.
- Worship and Music– is responsible for planning meaningful and inspiring worship.
For information on any particular ministry of interest please contact the church office (610-398-7000) and you will be directed to the committee chairperson.