St. Paul’s participates in several social ministries both locally and nationwide. These include:
- Prayer Chain – Christians are people who pray for all those in need. Prayer requests may be directed to Judy Walker 610-351-6040 or cell 610-573-7117 who will then contact prayer chain members.
- Feed the Need/Feed My Starving Children -St. Paul members formed a team (called the Saint Paul Packers), and participated in this event every year. The event was held in Clinton, NJ, where volunteers put together bags of healthy meals for those in need.
In 2019, a team from St. Paul’s joined a Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) packing event locally. FMSC is a Christian non-profit organization that coordinates the packaging and distribution of food to people in developing nations. Founded in 1987, it has reached more than 70 countries. For more information, go to FMSC.org.
- Support the Troops– Parish members collect items, letters and cards that we send to military personnel that are serving our country overseas.
- Support to Katrina Victims – Thanks to J & E Trucking, a tractor trailer filled with relief items was delivered on several occasions, through the generosity of our parish members.
- Food Bank – Ongoing support of the local food bank continues with our members donations of non-perishable food products. WELCA members are also volunteering the first Thursday of every month at the food bank.
- World Hunger and Disaster Relief are ongoing ministries at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church
- Meals on Wheels – St. Paul’s has formed a team for Lehigh County Meals on Wheels. The team’s name is St. Paul MOWers, and will deliver meals every Tuesday to clients in the Lower Macungie / Trexlertown / Breinigsville area.
- Refugee Resettlement Project – In Fall 2012, Lutheran Congregational Services became the agency for refugee resettlement in the Lehigh Valley, Berks County and surrounding areas. St. Paul’s is helping to create “Welcome Boxes” to help refugees to start over in their new community.
- Ingathering – Lutheran Mission District Ministry provides Christmas packages and gifts to institutions in the Lehigh Valley.
- Souper Bowl Sunday – St. Paul’s participates in “Souper” Bowl Sunday, where members bring in cans of soup and also vote for their preferred team with cash donations. All proceeds go to the food bank.
- Transportation and meals are provided for those in need
For information on any particular ministry of interest please contact the church office (610-398-7000) and you will be directed to the appropriate person.