St. Paul’s participates in several social ministries both locally and nationwide. These include:
- Support the Troops– Parish members collect items, letters and cards that we send to military personnel that are serving our country overseas.
- Support to Katrina Victims – Thanks to J & E Trucking, a tractor trailer filled with relief items was delivered on several occasions, through the generosity of our parish members.
- Food Bank – Ongoing support of the local food bank continues with our members donations of non-perishable food products. WELCA members are also volunteering the first Thursday of every month at the food bank.
- World Hunger and Disaster Relief are ongoing ministries at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church
- Meals on Wheels – St. Paul’s has formed a team for Lehigh County Meals on Wheels. The team’s name is St. Paul MOWers, and will deliver meals every Tuesday to clients in the Lower Macungie / Trexlertown / Breinigsville area.
- Prayer Chain – Christians are people who pray for all those in need. Prayer requests may be directed to Mary Hartley (610-682-3912) who will then contact prayer chain members.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – A Prayer Shawl Ministry was begun in January 2008. Prayer shawls are filled with prayers stitch by stitch. If interested in joining the Prayer Shawl Ministry, but cannot knit or crochet, lessons are available. NOTE: If anyone has extra yarn that they are not going to use, the Prayer Shawl Ministry is looking for donations. Please contact the church office.
- Refugee Resettlement Project – In Fall 2012, Lutheran Congregational Services became the agency for refugee resettlement in the Lehigh Valley, Berks County and surrounding areas. St. Paul’s is helping to create “Welcome Boxes” to help refugees to start over in their new community.
- Ingathering – Lutheran Mission District Ministry provides Christmas packages and gifts to institutions in the Lehigh Valley.
- Souper Bowl Sunday – St. Paul’s participates in “Souper” Bowl Sunday, where members bring in cans of soup and also vote for their preferred team with cash donations. All proceeds go to the food bank.
- Transportation and meals are provided for those in need.
- SCRIP Gift Cards – St. Paul members have an opportunity to purchase SCRIP gift cards to various stores through the church. A percentage of each gift card sale goes toward mission work beyond the local congregation. These cards are available in the narthex.
- Feed the Need – St. Paul members form a team (called the Saint Paul Packers), and participate in this event every year in March. The event is held in Clinton, NJ, where volunteers put together bags of healthy meals for those in need.
For information on any particular ministry of interest please contact the church office (610-398-7000) and you will be directed to the appropriate person.